Battery Lab Safety & Test Technician I
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Battery Lab Safety & Test Technician I works to install, build, and test equipment in a functioning battery lab. The technician uses knowledge of wiring and circuitry, in order to properly set up, test and troubleshoot lab equipment. The role collaborates closely with the Energy Storage Systems team as well as other engineering departments.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Maintain operation of battery safety lab by creating and maintaining lab usage schedule aligned with project priorities
- Create and implement battery safety lab SOPs
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed and lab is operated in a safe manner
- Identify key operational risks and work across teams to develop solutions, escalating where appropriate
- Evaluate and ensure wiring and installation of custom testing equipment
- Fabricate and modify testing fixtures and equipment
- Install lab test chambers
- Partner with sourcing to ensure pipeline of lab consumables
- Collaborate with engineering for scheduling, test setup, BOM execution
- Create, maintain, and communicate test schedules that align with milestones
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Associate’s degree in electronics, equivalent military electronics training or related field required
- One (1) year experience working in a battery lab (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with safety requirements in a lab or machining environment
- Exposure to and ability to meet safety requirements in a lab or machining environment
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery
- Ability to keep machinery/lab operational
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency, proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience in a startup lab preferred
- Experience in battery environmental, safety & abuse testing and verification preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.