You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Lead Simulation Manager
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Simulation team owns and drives the definition and realization of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) simulation software requirements, specifications with multi-functional software teams and external partners. The Simulation team owns the rollout plan and works closely with the engineering team to define and maintain UAM Simulation development roadmap. The Lead Simulation Manager will Scope and prioritize activities based on business and engineering team impact and will be working closely with engineering teams to deliver robust solutions.
What you can do:
- Create the required simulation technology including dynamics & controls modeling, 3D graphics, raytracing, discrete event simulations, computational geometry
- Provide SME level guidance for all Simulation Systems and programs (Software in the loop as well as Hardware in the loop)
- Partner with the engineering team to define and maintain UAM simulation development roadmap and rollout plan
- Create and track development and deployment plans to meet internal and cross functional teams’ simulation needs
- Drive the definition and realization of UAM simulation software requirements, specifications with multi-functional software teams and external partners
- Provide domain expertise through the complete lifecycle of software features with in-house development team and third-party suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or another related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with Autonomous Vehicle simulation or UAM vehicle simulation
- Excellent computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, distributed systems, concurrent programming, performance profiling
- Experience with robotics algorithms, robotics middleware
- Experience in sensors
- Experience with and understanding of Matlab/Simulink fundamentals
- Familiarity with Python, C++
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unreal and Unity, or automotive simulators
You may also be able to contribute:
- Masters' degree or PhD preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!