You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Autonomy Navigation Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Autonomy Navigation Engineer will be responsible for development and implementation of navigation algorithms for our autonomous aircraft. The role consists of delivering a robust software solution that uses innovative sensor technologies and algorithms to enable safe and efficient operation of our autonomous eVTOL.
What you can do:
- Participate in navigation tasks including system trade studies, component modeling of inertial measurement units (IMU), global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), camera, radar, LiDAR as well as simulation of navigation algorithms, particularly Bayesian filters
- Propose and evaluate architecture concepts, perform architecture and technology trade-off analysis
- Define and validate requirements for the aircraft sensors and state estimation software including sensors selection, voting, monitoring, fault detection, and sensor fusion
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate complex hardware/software systems
- Participate in rapid prototyping activities to develop advanced sensing and autonomy capabilities
- Contribute to architecture concepts, concepts of operations, and technology trade-off analyses
- Analyze, source, and select sensor solutions for use in the navigation system
- Participate in requirements definition and (sub)-functions description
- Review research papers and EASA/FAA reports, guidelines, engineering briefs, etc.
- Give technical presentations and provide technical support to Autonomy/Engineering stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in sensor signal processing and sensor fusion algorithms (An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this role.)
- Experience with GNSS aided inertial navigation system and performance analysis of navigation systems and navigation state error estimation with knowledge of optimal state estimation filters such as Kalman Filter and Extended Kalman filter (EKF)
- Experience developing and integrating state estimation algorithms for localization, calibration, mapping, or SLAM applications in robotic systems
- Experience developing algorithms which fuse many sensor modalities is a plus
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with embedded devices
- Experience in a regulatory environment
- Experience with highly automated systems
- Deep understanding of classical and modern navigation methodologies
- Proficiency in C vital
- Strong proficiency in modern software development workflows and practices, including version control, build and test systems, and peer review
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master's Degree or PhD preferred
- Proficiency in C++ and Python desired
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!