You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Battery Management System SW/FW Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Supernal is looking for a Sr. BMS SW/FW Engineer who will focus on architecting and developing BMS SW and FW for our Energy Storage Systems (ESS). They will be responsible for SW and FW architectures, Code development and support verification and validation. They will work with other HW / Algo / Cell Engineers in Battery team and other cross-functional team members to develop requirements and to support integration testing at Powertrain, ESS system, or Cell module level.
What you can do:
- Development of high-level and detailed level RTOS based BMS SW/FW architecture
- Definition for SW/FW and HW dependencies internal to BMS and at aircraft system level
- Development of detailed SW/FW design for distributed and redundant BMS system with self-test and discrimination capabilities compliant to DO178 standard
- Development and implementation of simple battery management algorithms
- Development of robust communication interfaces in line with aircraft system requirements
- Participation and driving system level tradeoffs on HW / SW / FW partitioning and trade off decisions
- Participation in architectural discussions with aircraft controls team & power train teams and driving optimal decisions for SW/FW architectures
- Responsible for the tool selection, development and implementation of a robust SW/FW dev & build environment, verification and rigorous follow up
- Establishment of high-quality design / code review processes and adherence
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travels
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- BS in Electrical or Computer engineering with focus on Embedded system development for real time applications (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this role)
- 5-8 years of real time, safety critical SW / FW development experience with resource constrained microcontrollers, with 3+ years' experience with SW/FW development in BMS, preferably for high-voltage, large format batteries
- Proven experience in implementing FW development and verification processes for real time systems
- Expert in real time embedded system requirement gathering, architectural development
- Excellent programming skills in C and C++ and scripting skills
- Understanding of DO-178C compliance for functionally safe SW development process
- Experience in development of simple algorithms for battery SOC estimation and the like
- Experience with implementation of DSP algorithms in RTOS environment
- Excellent skills in communication, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Excellent skills required in technical communication, and reliance on data for issue resolution and decision making
- Proactive delivery of communication and ability to follow up
- Excellent organizational skills, team-oriented thinking, and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite specifically for data analysis, document creation and reporting
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master's degree in related field preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!