Sr. Battery System DAE - SWApply Now Job ID 5013141003 Date posted 04/04/2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Battery System Design Assurance Engineer will be responsible for software (SW) certification requirements for eVTOL application, developing certification plans, and conducting process audits. The role will focus on establishing and carrying out process compliance strategies for DO178C for Energy storage system (ESS) SW development, verification, validation, and approval of process compliance for all design and test work. This role will work with other specialists within the Battery team and other multi-functional team members (System / Safety engineers) to develop matching processes and tools for required compliance activities.
What you can do:
- Implement and carry out DO178C / DO160G aerospace requirements for ESS/BMS design and development for aircraft application and components produced by suppliers
- Assess engineering activities for compliance, report and track non-conformances against the standards for ESS system and sub-systems towards airworthiness regulations including DO178C, ASTM standards, and others
- Review and approve engineering SW through system development cycle data for certification process conformance
- Integrate processes of ARP 4754A in the software development lifecycle, and support system team to secure and ensure certification
- Critically analyze the technical aspects of development in design, verification, or validation phases for technical difficulty, DAL assessment, and justification
- Train engineers involved in design and verification tasks for compliance processes
- Identify process improvements to meet the cert requirements more efficiently
- Improve metric gathering methods
- Participate in change control board to monitor and audit change control process and artifacts
- Support regulatory agencies during audits, reviews, and assessment
- Work closely with system designers and certification engineers of system team.
- May require up to 20% of domestic and international travels
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical engineering, Electromechanical/Mechanical engineering, computer engineering with hardware and software focus, or related field.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a certification compliance role (an equivalent combination of education experience may be considered)
- DO160G testing experience
- SW certification experience for electrical and electronics systems and subsystems for aerospace industry
- Experience with developing plans and implementation for systems that are aligned with DO178C and DO160G requirements
- Experience reviewing installation considerations and aligning applicable environmental conditions for qualification testing
- Good understanding of safety critical component methodologies
- Experience with Engineering Support Tools for Requirements and Configuration Management such as IBM Rational Doors, 3D EXP or other
- Effective persuasion and decision-making skills
- Excellent skills required in technical communication, and reliance on data for issue resolution and decision making
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills, team-oriented thinking, and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite specifically for data analysis, document creation and reporting
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s or PhD degree in an engineering related field
- A certified ASQ Engineer/Auditor
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.