Sr. Battery Systems Design Assurance Engineer - HardwareApply Now Job ID 5040872003 Date posted 04/04/2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Battery System HW Design Assurance Engineer will establish and implement process compliance strategy for DO254A and DO160G for the development, verification, and validation of the Energy Storage System (ESS) and its related components. This role will coordinate the approval of process compliance for all design, test results, and for understanding HW certification requirements for eVTOL application, creating certification plans and conducting process audits. This position will work with different engineering fields and will collaborate with other HW/SW/Cell Engineers on the Battery team and other multi-functional team members (System/Safety engineers) to craft matching processes and tools for required compliance activities.
What you can do:
- Build and Implement DO254A / DO160G aerospace requirements for ESS/BMS design and development for eVTOL utilization and for components produced by suppliers
- Train and assess engineering activities for compliance, report, and watch for non-conformances against the standards for BMS/ESS system and subsystems towards airworthiness regulations including DO254A, DO160G, and others as needed
- Review and approve of engineering hardware/ System development cycle data for BMS/ESS for certification process conformance
- Integrate processes of ARP 4754A in the hardware development lifecycle, and support system team to secure and ensure certification.
- Analyze the technical aspects of development in design, verification, or validation phases for technical difficulty, DAL assessment, and justification.
- Identify process improvements to meet the certification requirements and to improve metric gathering methods
- Participate in change control board to review and audit process and artifacts and coordinate with system designers and certification engineers
- Support regulatory agencies during audits, reviews, and assessments
- Other duties as assigned
- May require up to 20% of domestic and international travel
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years' experience in a certification compliance role in the aerospace industry (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Proven HW certification experience for electronic and electrical systems and subsystems for aerospace
- Experience with developing plans and implementation for electrical and electronic systems complaint to DO254A and DO160G requirements
- Ability to review installation considerations to resolve applicable environmental conditions for qualification and DO160G testing
- Good understanding of safety-critical component development and design
- Experience with Engineering Support Tools for Requirements and Configuration Management such as IBM Rational Doors, 3D EXP, or other
- Highly motivated and has strong proficiency towards detailed and highly thorough development processes and decision making
- Ability to train engineers involved in design and verification processes for compliance.
- Ability to build shared networks among peers and multi-functional teams quickly
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills, team-oriented thinking, and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite specifically for data analysis, document creation, and reporting
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s or Ph.D. in engineering
- ASQ Engineer/Auditor Certification
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws and certain software that can only be used and accessed by US Persons. Accordingly, this position is limited to applicants that are US Persons, i.e., a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).