You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Embedded Software Engineer is a key member of the Digital Platform team. This role will work with other members of the team to develop all fundamental software for an onboard embedded software platform, which provides the foundation for Advanced Air Mobility vehicle overall software systems, including autonomy and vehicle mission management software. The ideal candidate will have strong software development expertise, outstanding problem-solving skills, and can work well both independently and with a team. This position requires someone who is flexible and can collaborate functionally with other Engineers, colleagues from other teams, customers, clients, and contractors and is passionate about supporting the success of our organization.
What you can do:
- Craft and develop embedded software platform under Linux and RTOS environment(s) as the foundation for vehicle mission management and autonomous systems software
- Write device driver software for various autonomous sensors and accessories
- Incorporate various autonomous and general aerospace sensors to compute platforms for both edge computing and central computing for CPU and GPU
- Build and implement data infrastructure, messaging subsystems, and robust mechanisms and modules for stability
- Participate in source code integration and configuration management
- Write and maintain user documentation
- Engage with vendors’ technical team members, evaluate product technical capabilities, and find opportunities for cross-collaboration
- Other duties as assigned.
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience as an Embedded System Software Developer, working in a LinuxOS environment (an equivalent combination of work experience and education may be considered)
- At least 2 years of experience working with a leading Real-time OS
- Confirmed ability of programming in C/C++
- Previous experience integrating at least one type of sensor with a software platform (i.e. Camera, Radar, or LiDar)
- Successful development experience in embedded system software for data pipeline, message handling, system performance, and stability
- Experienced with AI/ML optimization in embedded system
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of software engineering processes and tools
- Proficiency with Excel VLOOKUP, pivot tables, MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree in a related engineering field
- Experience with autonomous control infrastructure software for automotive, robotics, and autonomous aircraft systems
- Experience with ISO 26262, DO-178C, or other safety-related software and product development processes
- May require up to 10% domestic and international travel
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!