Sr. Integration Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Integration Engineer is responsible for integration and validation of the aircraft functions and sensors. This role collaborates with other engineering colleagues, customers, and contractors to test and evaluate aircraft technologies.
What you can do:
- Contribute to the mechanical, electrical, and software design and development of aircraft sensor kit, communication libraries, and supporting equipment
- Conduct test and evaluation activities including flight tests, demos, subsystem tests, etc
- Help to coordinate the procurement, fabrication, and manufacturing of aircraft related mechanical and electrical components.
- Make recommendations and suggest alternative approaches for development projects
- Collect, interpret, and provide data processing support for the Autonomy group
- Deploy autonomy software updates to computing systems running on development platforms
- Capture observations and record measurable results from integration and testing events
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field
- A minimum of five years' experience in a similar role (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience developing and tuning nonlinear Kalman Filter-based sensor fusion algorithms
- Experience gathering and processing data from various sensor types including IMU, radar, camera, LiDAR, etc
- Experience working with networked sensor modules via Ethernet/CAN/Serial and using interface specifications or protocols to collect and analyze data
- Experience configuring and using multi-constellation RTK GNSS systems and post-processing PPK GNSS solutions
- Proficiency in MATLAB, C, C++, and Linux
- Experience using Gazebo and ROS
- Proficiency with Jira (Agile tool)
- Strong architectural thinker with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Familiarity with Git
- Network and serial communications
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.