Sr. Machine Learning EngineerApply Now Job ID 5122601003 Date posted 06/09/2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for development and implementation of perception systems for the guidance, navigation, and control of our air vehicles. The Engineer will oversee data collection, training, implementation, and validation of embedded perception systems, and will work closely with engineering colleagues, customers, and contractors for implementation of system requirements.
What you can do:
- Design and implement complex sensor networks, computer vision algorithms, and image processing pipelines
- Manage data collection, training, and verification/validation for deep learning pipelines
- Optimize algorithm performance across a wide range of development platforms and embedded systems
- Develop internal processes for certification of machine learning solutions for aerospace applications
- Support design, implementation, and certification of key aircraft functions such as detect and avoid (DAA), passenger monitoring, takeoff/landing site clearance, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop requirements, perform trade studies, and create formal design documentation for aircraft systems
- Identify key performance metrics and develop evaluation, verification, and validation methodologies to quantify system performance
- Prepare reports and present status to the management team
- Participate in our internal cross learning “Tech Talks”, prepare material and present on technical topics to foster knowledge growth across the organization
What you can contribute:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or other related fields (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- 5+ years of experience in building systems/algorithms via modern deep learning-based computer vision in one of the following domains: image understanding with machine learning techniques (image classification, object detection, semantic/instance/panoptic segmentation, depth estimation, 3D cuboid detection, predictive decision making)
- Working knowledge/experience in embedded AI – build a low latency, small footprint, multi-task-oriented edge AI model under the constrained computational environment
- Familiarity with dependencies between performance of vision algorithms and image signal processors
- Strong programming experience using Python and C/C++ implementation of machine learning pipeline on safety-critical real-time systems
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of GPGPU/multi-CPU programming frameworks (I.e., OpenCL, CUDA)
- Architect production-quality deep learning pipelines with popular frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MxNet, and Caffe
- Process collected data from simulated environment as well as real-world configurations
- Demonstrate comfort with ISO26262, DO-178C, or other safety-related software and product development processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering or other related fields; or PhD preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.