You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Simulation Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The simulation team owns and drives the definition and realization of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) simulation software requirements, specifications with multi-functional software teams and external partners. The simulation team owns the rollout plan and works closely with the engineering team to define and maintain UAM Simulation development roadmap. The Sr. Simulation Engineer will be responsible for implementing what is required by R&D team to complete the verification and validation.
What you can do:
- Work on a state-of-the-art simulation pipeline for the test and development of UAM features allowing rapid definition and scalable management of the vast number of required scenarios
- Integrate simulations with various closed-loop test environments like SIL and HIL
- Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers and testers to meet the necessary simulation targets
- Develop, implement, and validate models for various domains such as actor behavior
- Extend interfaces between customer AV modules and our simulator based on requirements
- Optimize simulation performance for large scale simulation runs
- Verify and validate simulator results and improve accuracy as required
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years industry experience with autonomous vehicles, robotics, or similar (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience in developing simulation tools or modeling physical problems and experience in shipping complex software.
- Experience with Autonomous Vehicle simulation or UAM vehicle simulation
- Excellent computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, distributed systems, concurrent programming, performance profiling
- Background in numerical methods and simulation architectures
- Experience with simulation technology including dynamics & controls modeling, 3D graphics, raytracing, discrete event simulations, computational geometry
- Experience developing production software within a large codebase or complex ecosystem
- Matlab/Simulink, Python, C++ software engineering skills at expert level
- Familiarity with cluster architectures
- Working knowledge of common robotic middleware, such as ROS
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unreal and Unity, or automotive simulators
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!