Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Airframe Designer role is for a design engineer with experience in aviation. The role helps to build the fundamental framework of standard processes and procedures within the subject area for conceptual, preliminary, and detail design. This will include the design and build of prototype and flight test aircraft. The Airframe Designer contemplates design for manufacturing from concept to production releases and ensures a smooth transition into production with the operations team. The position collaborates with all technical development teams, including systems, interiors, flight technology, and manufacturing and is accountable for the airframe meeting its delivery, weight, and cost targets.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Translate preliminary and detail requirements into design layouts and fully realized engineering solutions
- Work a design from conceptual design through to engineering release
- Perform airframe design trade studies, conceptual design layouts, and release of details and assemblies for primary and secondary structure
- Assist in developing standard methodologies for airframe design
- Ensure all systems interface requirements are met
- Research new materials application and design concepts
- Create 3D models of detail parts and assemblies for prototype and production aircraft
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment with all levels of the R&D team
- Works under general direction
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other assigned tasks as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, or a relevant engineering field required
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in airframe design (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with aircraft conceptual design and development programs and Rotorcraft design/industry
- Experience in airframe design, liaison, and manufacturing
- Experience with prototyping
- Skilled in CAD software (Catia, UG, Pro-E, Solidworks)
- Proficiency in composite structures design and fabrication
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing, 3DP, or advanced technologies
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Highly collaborative and proactive communicator
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.