GCS Applications Software Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Ground Control Station (GCS) Applications Software Engineer works with other members of the team to develop all modular application software expected to run on Supernal’s GCS, including logic, displays, and C2 datalink. This position helps develop our test infrastructure, including simulations, and participates in hardware integration. The GCS Applications Software Engineer collaborates functionally with colleagues from other teams to support the overall success of the organization.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Participate in the first software build flying our prototype vehicle
- Take ownership of one or more GCS applications
- For each GCS application, perform the following functions: Design the application to comply with requirements and development standards; write and trace models/code to GCS systems requirements, collaborate with hardware and integration groups; write application simulators to be used during desktop development and in the Integration Lab; perform requirements-based testing on the desktop and in the Integration Lab; work with simulated, laboratory, and field test data to debug applications; create test and simulation tooling to accelerate GCS applications models development
- Assist in building a lab for testing and integration of the GCS applications and systems
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Software coding (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with model-based, code generation tools (e.g., MATLAB/Simulink, SCADE)
- Experience with embedded devices
- Familiarity with an embedded programming language (e.g., C, C++, Rust, Ada)
- Familiarity with GCS/Datalink/Avionics systems
- Strong logic and problem-solving skills
- Able to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience in a regulatory environment preferred
- Experience with GreenHills RTOS preferred
- Experience with SCADE Display and/or OpenGL preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.