Head of Flight TechnologyApply Now Job ID 4986490003 Date posted 03/02/2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
We are looking for a progressive Head of Flight Technologies to join our engineering leadership team. As Head Flight Technologies, you will lead and manage the development and certification of prototype and production vehicles. You will hire and lead a team of highly skilled engineers and join a leadership team with world class experience. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a new business, that is part of the established Hyundai Motor Group.
What you can do:
- Responsible for flight technology organization execution – technical, cost, schedule, budget, risk
- Responsible for ensuring the aircraft configuration meets the performance requirements of the mission. This includes noise and handling qualities requirements.
- Responsible for Loads & Dynamics, including Rotor Dynamics, as well as Flight Simulation efforts
- Responsible for ensuring the aircraft is tested in a way to validate the airworthiness and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with certification authorities often
- Partner closely with strategy team to ensure proper tradeoffs between want is desired and what is realistic from a technical perspective are managed
- Other duties as assigned.
What you can contribute:
- B.S. in a relevant engineering field
- A minimum of 20 years of experience with aerodynamics, acoustics, structural and rotor dynamics, simulation, and external loads development, wind tunnel test and/or flight test (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with aircraft development programs
- Experience developing, leading, and supporting teams
- Experience with project management and associated tools and methodologies
- Experience with certification authorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow-up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
You may also be able to contribute:
- M.S. or PHD in a relevant engineering field preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws and certain software that can only be used and accessed by US Persons. Accordingly, this position is limited to applicants that are US Persons, i.e., a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).