M&P Engineer - MetalsApply Now Job ID 5062826003 Date posted 04/27/2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Materials & Process Engineer (Metals) will apply technical knowledge and expertise to support all aspects of metallic materials at Supernal. This role will work toward building and implementing new materials and process solutions that lead to the certification & production of new AAM vehicles and other advanced mobility solutions. This position will collaborate with the Engineering & Supply Chain teams during the design process.
What you can do:
- Participate in building design requirements & standard methodologies for metallic hardware across the vehicle
- Lead all aspects of evaluation and selection of metallic materials to satisfy design requirements
- Build internal material specifications and develop process specifications that support manufacturing & ensure quality
- Lead & coordinate testing for method development, materials characterization, allowable generation, and design validation
- Serve as the M&P representative (Signatory Authority) during design reviews & in the production drawing release cycle for metallic components and assemblies
- Assist with supplier selection, development, qualifications, and ongoing evaluations and improvements
- Build top-level M&P control plans and documentation
- Dedication to awareness of technology developments across academia and industry as well as regulatory trends through participation in industry working groups, standards bodies, and relevant technical conferences and symposia
- Other related duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM or related field.
- 3+ years' related experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Technical proficiency in one or more of: - forging, casting, forming, heat treating, plating, HVOF, Cold Spray, metallic additive manufacturing, traditional subtractive manufacturing, anodization, passivation, & other surface treatments
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite tools such as Word, Excel, Project & Visio
- Familiarity with a first principles' approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software such as CATIA, SolidWorks, NX, or similar
- Proficiency in crafting test plans, coordinating & implementing test campaigns, and generating test reports
- Operational knowledge of materials characterization lab equipment
- Familiarity with statistical software, including Minitab, JMP, or similar
- Knowledge of CMH-17, MMPDS, SAE, ASTM, and other standard bodies
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, & DOE principals
- Experience with process mapping, SPC, PFMEA, DFMEA and similar tools and techniques
- Dedicated understanding of metallic materials used in aerospace and relevant fabrication techniques across multiple areas
- Knowledge of FAA flammability and fire testing requirements
- Proactive and efficient delivery of communication and follow-up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
The job responsibilities of this position require access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export control laws and certain software that can only be used and accessed by U.S. Persons. Accordingly, this position is limited to applicants that are US Persons, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20),or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).