Materials & Process Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Materials & Process Engineer applies their technical knowledge and expertise to support components across our vehicle. The role works toward building & implementing conventional and novel materials and process solutions and works with our partners to ensure delivered hardware meets requirements & leads to the certification & production of new AAM vehicles. This position collaborates with all Engineering verticals & Supply Chain teams during the design process.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Author material specifications and process specifications that support manufacturing & ensure quality
- Evaluate materials across the vehicle to satisfy design requirements
- Support test plan execution for method development, materials characterization, allowable generation, and design validation
- Author test reports and other summaries to communicate information to the broader engineering team
- Participate in design reviews for hardware components/assemblies
- Support supplier selection, development, qualifications, and ongoing evaluations
- Support the manufacture of hardware both in-house and at suppliers
- Participate in industry working groups, standards bodies, and relevant technical conferences and symposia to maintain awareness of technology developments & regulatory trends across academia and industry
- Up to 25% travel to support Supernal projects & company goals
- Other related duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM or related field
- 0-3 years' related experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the areas of: adhesives, composites, metallics, organic/inorganic paint & coatings, sealants, polymers/elastomers, electrical component materials, wire harnessing, batteries, or high temperature materials.
- Proficiency MS Office Suite tools such as Word, Excel, Project & Visio
- Understanding of a first principles' approach to problem solving
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software (CATIA, SolidWorks, NX, or similar)
- Experience developing a Design of Experiments plan
- Operational knowledge of materials characterization lab equipment
- Familiarity with statistical software, including Minitab, JMP, or similar
- Knowledge of CMH-17, MMPDS, SAE, ASTM, and other standard bodies
- Proactive and efficient delivery of communication and follow-up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.