You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Software Avionics Test Lead
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Software Avionics Test Lead works as a technical lead with other members of the avionics software test team to develop all the software integration test infrastructure which will be used to test the software running on our aircraft management computer in our software integration labs. Additionally, this position will help develop our avionics software verification plans to comply with DO-178C objectives. This position will also lead the software integration verification effort. The Software Avionics Test Lead will collaborate functionally with colleagues from other teams and support the success of our organization.
What you can do:
- Generate and manage the software integration verification process to civil aviation standards (DO-178C)
- Architect and contribute significantly to the build of the software and hardware in the loop test managers and associated infrastructure.
- Assist in building the software integration lab for testing of the avionics applications and devices
- Define integration tests for verification of the avionics software
- Run integration tests in the software integration labs
- Help manage the labs
- Work directly with simulated, laboratory, and field test data to debug the system
- Share your unique perspective, especially during reviews and meetings
- Make decisions based on the long-term and short-term success of the company
- Participate in the development of our team’s culture
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field required
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience generating and complying with a DO-178 software verification plan
- Experience with a scripted programming language (e.g. Python, shell)
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with a wide array of core avionics systems
- Experience automating software verification
- Experience building a software verification lab
- Familiarity with avionics systems and software
- Familiarity with software certification
- Familiarity with software quality assurance
- Able to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
You may also be able to contribute:
- Preferred DO-254 experience
- Preferred experience with an embedded programming language (e.g., C, C++, Rust, Ada)
- Experience with DOORS, CAMEO, preferred
- Experience with software requirements a plus
- Preferred experience with avionics requirements
- Experience with regulatory authorities (e.g., FAA), preferred
- Preferred experience with IMA systems
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!