Sr. Avionics Technical EngineerApply Now Job ID 4896558003 Date posted 03/30/2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Avionics Technical Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and integration and testing of the autonomous Avionics' system with the goal of optimally acquiring Certification of Aircraft and Aircraft systems. In addition to supporting a multitude of engineering tasks, this role will collaborate with engineers across a broad spectrum of expertise to understand, develop, and translate solutions to sophisticated problems and technical requirements.
What you can do:
- Support the full life cycle of hardware and software development
- Influence development while building Avionics System Architecture and requirements
- Craft the Flight Critical Electric Vehicle Battery Management System Interface, while composing Interface to Supplier ADS-B Transponder, TCAS, NavCom Radios, and other avionics
- Use Embedded Microcomputer, Multicore Processor, System on a Chip (SoC) in the creation of our eVTOL Avionics Computer System
- Perform integration with Datalink, Radar, Sensors, Video, Cameras (both InfraRed and Visual) and using Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) and High Integrity Computer Architecture
- Provide advice and assistance with systems engineering, processing, including planning, analysis, design, configuration management, development, integration, verification and validation, problem solving, and cost and risk
- Translate system requirements into appropriate specifications
- Develop technical requirements based on operational scenarios, across all phases of system development for highly complex systems/subsystems including the generation of Certification documentation
- Support engineering tasks such as, but not limited to investigations and analysis, trade-off studies, quality evaluations, deficiency reports
- Provides engineering support of subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods, sustainment modeling/simulation, T&E, and AW certification across a wide range of systems
- Use system specifications and interface descriptions for integration into an aircraft system of systems.
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other related field
- A minimum of 5-8 years of proven experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience in overseeing and development of hardware projects
- Familiarity with DO-178B/C, DO-160, DO-254, ARP 4754A, ARP 4761, FAA part 21/23/25/27/29 or other certification experience
- Experience with aircraft having multiple modes of flight, including vertical lift
- Proven knowledge of Special Purpose ASIC and/or firmware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master's degree
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.