Sr. Conceptual Design Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Conceptual Design Engineer is part of the Conceptual Design Team supporting current and future product development. The role works to define and evaluate conceptual & preliminary designs that meet requirements developed by the strategy team. The engineer also manages the integration of major components into the vehicle and works with other disciplines to execute vehicle-level trade studies.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Create and manage conceptual and preliminary level aircraft configuration CAD models
- Support the development and analysis of conceptual aircraft designs, including air vehicle layout, sizing, performance analysis, and weight/cost estimation
- Support sensitivity analyses to understand vehicle design risks with respect to desired performance/attributes from the strategy team
- Support the engineering evaluation of competitor aircraft
- Coordinate with other disciplines on the integration of major subsystems into the aircraft model
- Lead aircraft configuration trade studies
- Train & mentor junior engineers
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with Surfacing / Lofting in 3-D CAD software required
- Proficient understanding of air vehicle sizing/synthesis
- Proficient understanding of vertical lift aircraft design
- Proficient understanding of airframe structure and systems integration to develop vehicle layouts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints and amid technical ambiguity
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with CATIA V6/3DEXPERIENCE preferred
- Experience with PLM systems such as ENOVIA/3DEXPERIENCE preferred
- Experience with aircraft development programs preferred
- Experience with electric aircraft analysis preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.