You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Manager, Safety and Security
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Manager, Safety and Security works with other members of the team to lead all safety and cyber security activities bound to the development of Supernal’s eVTOL vehicles and ground stations, aircraft management computer, including logic, displays, guidance, navigation, and controls. This position helps develop our safety and security approach, develop and release plans, and collaborate with airworthiness authorities. The successful candidate will, together with their team of safety and security experts, define, establish, and implement safety and security policies, provide execution team plans, such as budgets, schedules, key performance parameters, to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. The Sr. Manager will collaborate functionally with colleagues from other teams to support the overall success of the organization.
What you can do:
- Develop a team of engineers performing technical activities in the area of safety and security requirements management, reliability predictions, and safety budget allocations
- Guide airplane level threat and vulnerability analysis activities
- Collaborate to develop the safety and security systems approach and define, establish, and implement safety and security policies
- Facilitate integration of safety and security processes with other engineering design processes
- Additional duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics Field with background in at least one of the following fields: Airframe, Flight Technology, Avionics, Flight Controls, Propulsion, or Systems
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in Safety or Security (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Eight (8) years of experience in disciplinary people leadership in a multi-functional environment
- Prior experience with complete OEM aircraft development programs from the initial design until industrialization
- In-depth experience with Systems Engineering and Systems Safety industry standard processes (e.g. ARP4754A, ARP4761, MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-1629A, etc.)
- Expert understanding of Security of Cyberphysical (embedded) systems guidance documents used in the Aerospace Industry RTCA DO-326A. DO-355A, and DO-356
- Excellent understanding of FAA/EASA certification processes for the aircraft and subcomponents
- Knowledge of common criteria framework (ISO/IEC 15408)
- Participation in at least one program where Secure Software Development Framework SSDF (NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-218) or Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) was applicable for SW development
- Strong logic and problem-solving skills
- Able to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
You may also be able to contribute:
- Advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate of Science) in a technical discipline strongly preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!