You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Process Assurance Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Process Assurance Engineer works with members of the team in the development of eVTOL urban air mobility product and services solutions. This role is responsible for applying process assurance principles and methods for research, design, and evaluation of applied processes and related evidence during all phases of the product development process. This position also involves auditing and verification of adherence to process plans through process audits, ongoing monitoring, and reviews related to aircraft and systems related milestones.
What you can do:
- Develop process assurance plans and standards based on SAE ARP 4754A, SAE ARP 4761, RTCA DO-178C, and RTCA DO-254 and other industry standards
- Ensure that project plans are consistent with the development assurance level of the aircraft function, system, or item
- Ensure that project communications, coordination and sequencing, and progress monitoring mechanisms are defined and are followed
- Ensure that change control, operational, and maintenance procedures are defined and are followed
- Conduct Software/CEH Test witnessing
- Audit configuration, change management process, and problem report resolution
- Work closely with Process Assurance Manager and other engineering fields and liaise with software and complex electronics hardware specialists and DERs on best ways of meeting the objectives outlined in guidelines and standards issued by regulatory and standards organizations
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Software/CEH development life cycle (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this role)
- Experience with airborne systems development process assurance experience and the ability to develop the necessary plans and standards in accordance with SAE ARP 4754A, SAE ARP 4761, RTCA DO-178C, RTCA DO-254, and other applicable guidelines and standards
- Experience with RTCA/DO-178C and RTCA/DO-254
- Experience with avionics data buses, e.g., ARINC 429, ARINC 825, ARINC 664, MIL-STD-1553B; Familiarity with SAE ARP 4754 and SAE ARP 4761
- Familiarity with an embedded programming language (e.g., C, C++)
- Familiarity with avionic systems
- Preferred experience in a regulatory environment
- Proficiency with IBM DOORS-NG and JIRA software
- Understanding of Requirement-Based Engineering (RBE) philosophy
- Strong logic and problem-solving skills
- Able to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow-up
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Working experience with Certification Authorities including SOIs is desirable
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!