You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Product Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Product Engineer is responsible for delivering flight-worthy products and maturation of technologies to meet production cost and rate requirements. The Sr. Product Engineer collaborates with internal and external stakeholders from several engineering department and the project management office teams across the entire product life cycle at the component, system, and aircraft-level to ensure progress.
What you can do:
- Assist the Head of Airframe/AIT with the completion of engineering projects and schedule deliverables
- Develop and implement build plans driven by program landmarks, critical paths, and risk registry
- Manage the planning, execution, and tracking/reporting of all technical aspects of the engineering development for assigned projects
- Implement plans to conform to technical performance, cost, and schedule commitments
- Assist in the management and application of the IMS (Integrated Master Schedule) and provide day-to-day prioritization of tasks within schedule
- Work with PM/scheduler to update engineering personnel estimation
- Collaborate with suppliers/partners to ensure program landmarks are achieved
- Support development of interface control documents and technical specifications
- Support the development and execution of test plans and guide the integration, verification, validation, and documentation of requirements through the development cycle
- Identify weight opportunities to achieve optimal propulsion system efficiency
- Assist in design and drawing release activities as necessary
- Travel Expectations: 10-20%
- Other duties as required
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of directly applicable experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with 3D CAD detail part design and assembly
- Experience working in aviation industry and working with regulatory agencies
- Experience with composite airframes and/or structures
- Experience with integrated product teams and/or systems of systems framework
- Experience with development programs
- Experience in prototyping environments
- Proficient with model-based definition, drafting, and GD&T standards
- Self-starting, hands-on teammate with the ability to multi-task with limited direction
- Strong proficiency in project management, leadership, and communication
- Proven ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads of technical team to meet established deadlines or achievements
- Ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree a plus
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!