You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Project Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Controls, Actuation, and Utility Systems (FCAUS) team is responsible for the primary flight controls command, architecture, flight controls electronic hardware, mechanical actuation, and landing gear design of the aircraft. The Sr. Project Engineer will assist the FCAUS manager and team leads to manage and track their Integrated Master Schedule, individual team Jira projects, and supplier schedule assistance. The Sr. Project Engineer will work closely with Airframe & AIT, VMS, Flight Technology, Test & Evaluation, and the PMO teams to ensure progress and technical quality in FCAUS team deliverables. We are looking for a self-starter and highly motivated engineer with an appetite for learning and the skills for building relationships.
What you can do:
- Assist the Head of Flight Controls, Actuation, and Utility Systems with the completion of engineering projects and schedule deliverables
- Manage the planning, execution, and tracking/reporting of all technical aspects of the engineering development for assigned projects
- Implement plans to conform to technical performance, cost, and schedule commitments
- Assist in the management and application of the IMS and provide day-to-day prioritization of tasks within schedule
- Work with PM/scheduler to update engineering personnel estimation
- Collaborate with suppliers/partners to ensure program milestones are achieved
- Support the development and execution of test plans and guide the integration, verification, validation, and documentation of requirements through the system development cycle
- Assist in design and drawing release activities as necessary
- Travel Expectations: 10-20%
- Other duties as required
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or related engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of directly applicable experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with the life cycle of development, qualification, production, and product support
- Experience with flight controls, actuation, and/or aircraft utility systems
- Broad technical expertise and application of engineering principles and practice with significant experience in project leadership
- Self-starting, hands-on teammate with the ability to multi-task with limited direction
- Ability to effectively lead supplier and product development efforts
- Strong proficiency in project management, leadership, and communication
- Proven ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads of technical team to meet established deadlines or achievements
- General knowledge and understanding of systems engineering processes, flow down of system requirements, system architecture and the interaction of system and subsystem requirements, and system safety assessments (SAE ARP4754 and ARP4761)
- Understanding of system verification and validation to ensure the final products conform to the stated requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
You may also be able to contribute:
- Familiarity with practical application of DO-160 desired
- Experience working in aviation industry and working with regulatory agencies preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!