Sr. Quality Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Senior Quality Engineer will ensure that Supernal products and processes meet design requirements and established quality standards. This role reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, New Product Development and will work in close collaboration with the Flight Test organization as well as other engineering and research and development teams. You will review designs and specifications, develop quality plans, and conduct inspections and tests to ensure compliance. Additionally, you will ensure that all Supernal quality management processes are implemented consistently and in accordance with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration regulations, international standards, and industry best practice.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Serve as a quality representative on product development activities such as design and development reviews, releases, and changes
- Interpret design requirements to develop and implement inspection and test methods and procedures
- Conduct inspections and tests (including source inspections) of materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure conformity with design requirements and quality standards
- Conduct quality reviews and establish traceability of supplier documentation such as certificates of conformance, material/special process certifications, and inspection/test reports
- Initiate nonconforming material reports and root cause investigations for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure the implementation of effective corrective actions
- Monitor and report on quality performance
- Support the procurement and supply chain teams with supplier approvals, contract reviews, and supplier quality issues
- Support the manufacturing team with the development and approval of manufacturing process plans and resolution of manufacturing issues
- Assist with planned or ad-hoc internal audits to ensure compliance and effectiveness of the QMS
- Promote awareness of quality requirements, goals, objectives, and best practices
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of proven experience in aviation manufacturing, quality engineering, or quality assurance
- Comprehension of AS9100 or ISO 9001 standard
- ASQ certification preferred
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with programming and operation of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), inspection of machine components, and performance of gage R&R studies is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.