You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Structural Analyst
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Our Airframe Structural Analysis & Test team is responsible for performing analysis of airframe structures and work closely with Structural Design, Loads, Payloads/Interiors, Material & Process, Manufacturing Technology, System and Test & Evaluation groups. We are looking for an experienced Structural Analyst to help build our structural analysis capabilities from the ground up. Our ideal candidate has significant experience and expertise in structural analysis of airframe primary structures. This position will report to the Airframe Structural Analysis & Test manager and provide technical solutions for the Airframe Structural Analysis team.
The Structural Analysis Engineer will perform stress analysis of metallic and composite primary aircraft structure made from cutting-edge composite materials and technologies.
What you can do:
- Perform structural analysis of aerospace primary and secondary structures made of composite and metallic materials for experimental and type certificated vehicles
- Apply free body diagrams, hand calculations and numerical methods for estimating and developing loads
- Develop and apply analysis methods for static strength, stability, durability, and damage tolerance
- Coach, mentor, and develop others on the Stress and Airframe teams on technical topics
- Guide development of new manufacturing technologies, engineering tools, and aircraft structural designs
- Work closely with design and test engineers to determine test requirements and support vehicle and sub-scale tests
- Support planning of structural analysis team work statement and schedule, including collaboration with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with team members in the Supernal to provide and receive updates on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- Work independently or with minimum supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed analysis based on the requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent disciplines
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with fixed- or rotary-wing aircraft structure strength, stability, fatigue analysis and/or finite element analysis (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Familiarity with industry level composite activities (e.g. NCAMP, CMH17 or P17) is desired
- Familiarity with durability and damage tolerance analysis techniques for metallic and/or non-metallic structure is desired
- Familiarity with MRB, structural testing, flight test, or analysis automation (e.g. Python programming or similar) is desired
- Experience with composites structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master's degree a plus
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!