Sr. UI/UX Designer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. UI / UX Designer is part of the Product Strategy / User Experience function at Supernal. This role develops concepts and human centered design solutions that support the overall long-term End to End strategic goals of the total offering. The role works with the Product Strategy, UX design, and Engineering teams throughout the conceptual, preliminary, detail design and testing phases. The designer is heavily involved in the designing and building of advanced digital concept designs and prototypes as well as helping to incubate technology that will be transitioned to the operations/production team in the long run.
The individual in this role will evolve from a Zero-to-1 product attitude to a 1-to-N product attitude over time to design superior full end to end multi-modal mobility solutions.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Deliver human-centered design focused on the needs, wants, desires, of customers and end users to drive customer / end user value
- Work closely with UX Researchers and Product Strategy team to frame up key insights to develop best in class E2E User / Customer Experience concept designs / prototypes to develop and validate customer and user experience outcomes through user testing
- Work with Product Managers and UX staff in figuring out feature requirements
- Research customer experiences and demands; improving customer experiences; clearly articulates the voice of the customer to other partners, especially SW development engineering
- Gaining design intent and monitoring through development environment
- Generating new product ideas ensuring product strategy goals are accomplished on time, on budget, and according to specification
- Develop and implement brand architecture and digital design language for Supernal products / offerings
- Collaborate with developers to ensure the seamless integration of visual design elements, including color schemes, typography, and graphics, into the user interface
- Build goal directed personas, information architecture, user flows, wireframes, interaction patterns, low-fidelity to high fidelity rapid prototypes, build excellent quality visual design
- Use Unreal / Unity for product concept visualization and HMI interaction design modeling a plus
- Facilitate and lead user / customer experience design and conceptualization sessions
- Contribute to Experience Design standard methodologies throughout the product development process
- Provide clear, consistent voice on end-to-end user experience design to project teams and partners
- Working alongside engineering teams and other Hyundai Motor Group design studios.
- Work with Business Development-Sales and Marketing teams to support go to market product launches
- Experience in evaluating products using: design trends, heuristic reviews, competitive benchmarking, formative and summative usability studies
- Collaborate with back-end developers to integrate front-end components with server-side logic, ensuring the flawless functionality of the overall application
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code, following coding standards and best practices
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers to maintain high-quality codebase
- Optimize the performance of the user interface, including page load times and responsiveness, to deliver a smooth and enjoyable user experience
- May require up to 30% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design required
- 5 years of UI/UX design (mobile, web, embedded devices)
- Excellent portfolio demonstrating core UI / UX skills and problem-solving process
- Experience / familiarity with Interaction / HMI design
- Experience in formative and summative research and usability evaluations
- Excellent core UI / UX skills - sketching, conceptualization, concept design, visual communication, storyboarding, interaction design prototyping, visual design asset creation and management
- Knowledge and experience in UI / SW QA (quality assurance) and app release process / requirements for iOS and Android
- Excellent proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and one of the following (Sketch, Figma)
You may also be able to contribute:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience / understanding of UI as part of E2E UX value delivery.
- Experience working with SW development and design to code hand-off through requirements.
- Ability to build icon and interaction pattern libraries / UI elements / assets.
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.