You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Systems Integration Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Aircraft Systems Integration Engineer serves as a part of the overall assembly and integration product team. This role reports directly to the Aircraft Systems Integration Lead and is responsible for aiding in the creation of multitude standardized processes and procedures, while collaborating with the System and Design teams throughout the design phases.
What you can do:
- Create and manage Interface Control Models (ICMs) for all zones to meet the program's performance, weight, cost, and schedule requirements
- Collaborate with various engineering subject areas to design high-reliability, safety-critical systems for an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft
- Ensure all aircraft sub-system requirements are properly met and packaged efficiently within the airframe structure. This will include building of prototype and flight test aircraft as well as production flight vehicles
- Zonal management of the digital mock-up for a section of the aircraft
- Control space allocation for all systems
- Create and manage Interface Control Models (ICMs) for their zone
- Aid in managing routing envelopes for all systems
- Ensure all systems are accessible and maintainable
- Ensure all system separation requirements are upheld
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of systems or structural design engineering experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Prior experience in aviation, automotive, and/or the mobility space with AAM
- CAD (CATIA V5/V6/3DX) and BOM experience
- CAD experience with Model Based Design (MBD) and Functional Tolerancing & Annotation (FT&A)
- Experience with Interface Control Document (ICD) and Interface Control Model (ICM) documentation
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Zonal Analysis
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Aircraft Functional Hazard Assessment (AFHA) preferred
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) preferred
- Familiarity with practical application of DO-160 desired
- Electrical Wiring Interconnect System (EWIS) and Harness design preferred
- Environmental Control Systems desired
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!