You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Public Relations Specialist
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Public Relations Specialist will work as part of a lean, hard-working Communications & Brand team to create awareness for – and build trust in – Supernal and the emerging Advanced Air Mobility industry. The role is responsible for the day-to-day execution of external communications activities – predominantly media relations – and will support the development of strategic plans, technical announcements and foundational communications materials. The position will work with Engineering, R&D and Commercialization teams to help find new proactive media storylines and proof-points to inform external communications. The ability to distill and simplify complex information for a variety of audiences is vital. The role will also collaborate with communications counterparts across Hyundai Motor Group, including HQ contacts in Seoul, Korea.
This person should be a standout, highly motivated communications professional who excels at organizing and implementing tactics and understands how communications strategies and goals contribute to company objectives. They should view communications as both an art and a science and know how to reach the right audiences with the right messages at the right times. They must have proven experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with their hand on the pulse of the industry landscape.
What you can do:
- Support management of day-to-day execution of PR programs and help ensure an integrated communications approach across the team’s external, brand/marketing and internal workstreams
- Contribute to the creation of communications strategies for company announcements, industry events and technical partnerships. This includes identifying audiences, messages, outreach approaches and timelines.
- Draft press releases, op-eds, messaging, media pitches and other communications materials
- Create and maintain media lists, facilitate proactive and reactive inquiries, and cultivate and maintain relationships. Draft necessary materials, including briefing books and tailored talking points for interviews
- Help drive thought leadership by identifying, securing and preparing executive speaking opportunities and relevant industry awards
- Support company reputation, risk, issues and crisis communications efforts as needed
- Lead monitoring and reporting, including weekly media clips and announcement, event and situation-based coverage reports. In addition to pure metrics, provide analysis of results to contextualize impact
- Manage a portion of team’s administrative duties, such as tracking results, finances, next steps, etc.
- Assist in managing and liaising with company’s PR agency
- Support internal communications workstream as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 30% travel including domestic and international trips, approx. 30%)
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in public relations (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills, particularly in corporate communications and media materials
- Proficiency with media engagement and comprehension of evolving media landscape
- Strategic and forward-thinking, as well as ability to bring ideas to life through clear and measurable communications plans
- Ability to synthesize complex materials into impactful content and tailor by audience
- Strong project management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in or experience working with international counterparts and technical teams
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Cision
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, an evolving startup-like environment
- Self-motivated, collaborative, proactive and resourceful
You may also be able to contribute:
- Agency experience highly preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!