Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Washington, DC, Fremont, California, Irvine, California
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Data is the backbone of Supernal from developing our autonomous air vehicles to building the global ecosystem for advanced air mobility to building, scaling, and running an efficient, effective, and data driven business. The new Data team architects and runs UAM’s internal data infrastructure, partners with users across the company to enable data driven solutions and runs strategic projects to stay at the forefront of data and analytical capabilities. We are a team of data engineers, data architects, data scientists, data analysts, data you-name-it, and we’re building out a ground breaking data platform and capability for this new business comprised of modern leading technologies to enable mobility solutions.
As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will be tasked with guiding strong principles and practices across key components from architecture to security to performance across different tools and parts of the data platform. You will face challenges to create new and innovative solutions to solving problems that will help us forge a new mobility eco-system and design the next generation of eVTOL aircraft. You will work within the digital operations group and partner with Engineering, Operations, R&D, Strategy, our leadership team, and third party partners as a leading voice in our data strategy and its delivery.
What you can do:
Launch, manage, and optimize the data platform, use cases, and capabilities with continuous integration and development
- Think about systems – their edge cases, failure modes and life cycles – and how to improve the long-term reliability, and scalability of our infrastructure
- Troubleshoot complex systems independently using observability tools and stack traces
- Understand, implement, and champion infrastructure as code
- Optimize system in terms of framework, code, monitoring, and logging
- Design and lead robust and streamlined CI/CD across the system
Monitor and supervise system continuous performance to ensure efficiency
- Oversee continuous performance of all key components including databases, servers, and applications
- Supervise the storage volume of data being accessed / stored / processed to drive efficient, accurate, and cost-effective data storage types for different layers and uses, ensuring all resources are optimally used
- Foster and maintain all performance-related partnerships
Protect the system from threats in collaboration with Corporate IT and third-party partners
- Identify, mitigate, and handle security risks to the cloud, platform, applications, integrations, and database
- Manage third party partner relationships around system security
What you can contribute:
- B.S. in relevant field such as computer science or information science
- 10+ years of relevant work experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
- Proven experience in working with:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Data storage solutions in an administrative capacity.
- Cloud-based services (AWS/Azure preferred).
- SCM solutions (Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab).
- Data technologies (e.g., Snowflake, Databricks, Palantir)
- Small, agile teams with rapid growth
- Jenkins, or similar CI/CD tools.
- Proficient with shell scripting
- Exposure to Airflow
- Self-organizing and self-starting
- Continuous learner, independent worker, and strong decision maker
- Understanding of CI/CD practices
- Collaborative teammate with a dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Experience in industry working with highly regulated data, i.e., aerospace, automotive, healthcare, finance
You may also be able to contribute:
- Graduate degree
- Experience working with export-controlled data
- Experience with serving business intelligence feeds
- Experience with Azure, Snowflake, and Databricks administration and Data Lakes
- Proficient with Java or Scala
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.