You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Sourcing Specialist
Washington, DC, Irvine, California
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist is responsible for carrying out procurement processes, standards, and operational plans. The role collaborates closely with clients throughout the business on budgeted corporate projects for the purposes of defining requirements/outcomes to qualify spending, selecting outside sources, negotiating agreements with sources for purchases, administering contracts and other purchase agreements. The role supports the acceleration of controlled completion of projects by identifying and executing opportunities for continuous improvement.
What you can do:
- Have and maintain an awareness of corporate project spending & investment needs, present and future
- Assist project teams in capturing scopes of work, project requirements, deliverables, and other details necessary to select and successfully complete work with outside suppliers of assets, materials, and services while meeting budgets and schedules
- Assist project teams with developing source lists and facilitate supplier selection decisions, including make/buy decisions and collaborating with finance staff on lease/buy decisions
- Provide leadership to formation of agreements with suppliers
- Facilitate progress and performance dialogue between staff and suppliers
- Observe company policies and procedures related to purchasing tasks, including, among others, supplier registration/onboarding, and requisition submission & approval
- Accelerate project completion in a context of safety, compliance, financial control, and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or related field
- A minimum of 5years of experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with internal and external leaders
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
- Proficiency with MS Teams, MS PowerApps and legacy software applications i.e., MS Office 365
- Capable of driving purchasing processes independently
- Distinctive process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree a plus
- Supply Management Certifications (CPIM, CPSM, CPM)
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!