You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
BMS Electrical Engineer - HW Design
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
BMS Electrical Engineer, HW Design, focuses on design & development of HV distribution HW and electrical systems at Module level and Pack level from concept to completion for our Energy Storage Systems (ESS). The role is responsible for detailed EE HW design, design analysis, prototype verification and production support for testers and product manufacturability. The engineer collaborates with other BMS HW / SW / Algo / Cell Engineers in Battery team and other multi-functional team members to develop SW requirements and to support integration testing at Powertrain, ESS system, or Cell module level.
What you can do:
- Develop and release requirement specification for HV Electrical systems and electronic PCBAs
- Design & release of analog and mixed circuit-based schematics, HV Electrical systems & PCBAs using Altium or equivalent tool set
- Simulate battery electrical / electronic circuit simulation for design compliance using pSpice / MATLAB / Simulink or other tools
- Select Electronic, electrical and IC parts to meet performance goals, specifying and working with suppliers to develop custom parts
- Develop and Release requirements for OTS components to be used in HV electrical systems and PCBAs
- Analyze the schematic and layout designs with simulation tools and calculations to verify its conformance to the design requirements
- Conduct design reviews, incorporating team feedback, and releasing design documents for builds
- Test prototypes to validate the design and complete design changes through ECO processes
- Specify test plans and test limits for electronics and electrical HW and corresponding production testers
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travels
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in BMS hardware or mixed signal & power electronics hardware development for Industrial, automotive, large consumer products or aerospace applications (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- HV Electrical system HW development or Low voltage BMS HW design, development and good analog / mixed signal / power electronics design experience
- Ability to design and release HV Electrical systems like HV power distribution system, Test and Validation and Mfg. Test support.
- Power electronic circuit design for megawatt level power control; designing analog & mixed signal high voltage, high accuracy and medium speed PCB design
- ECAD tools like Altium for Schematics and layout
- HW simulation tools like pSpice and modeling tools like MATLAB, SIMULINK
- Designing with various communication interfaces like CAN, SPI, SCI, I2C and Ethernet
- Proficient in designing HW to meet Environmental, EMI/EMC, thermal, shock & vibration
- Ability to conduct and detail Tolerance analysis, Part stress analysis, Safety Hazard Analysis, FMEA, and FTA
- Excellent skills required in technical communication, and reliance on data for issue resolution and decision making
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!