You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Lead Intelligent SW Manager
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Intelligent SW team uses knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle. This includes coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and testing. The role collaborates closely with various teams in the CTO office.
What you can do:
- Develop and manage a software development pipeline that transitions ground breaking research into the production pipeline
- Leverage automated development tools to support software development across multiple teams
- Lead a team executing complex multi-functional goals, collaborating with our autonomy research group, product teams, embedded, cloud, hardware, and flight test teams with emphasis on excellent communication and collaboration
- Hire and mentor software engineers in the R&D organization
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related fields
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in software developing, deploying, and integration (an equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered)
- Experience building and delivering full stack systems with a high proficiency in modern embedded and IoT approaches
- Knowledge of professional software engineering including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and testing
- Web-based visualization of complex real-time operational data
- Ability to build full stack systems
- Excellent proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics
- Proactive and analytical thinking and problem solving
- Fast technical uptake and ability to quickly switch context
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
You may also be able to contribute:
- Direct experience with our stack (MATLAB, ROS, Docker, Kubernetes, C++, python) preferred but not required
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!