Airframe DesignerApply Now Job ID 4820329003 Date posted 04/12/2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
We are looking for an experienced airframe design engineer to join our airframe integrated product team. This role will support all aspects of design and certification of the airframe structure. You will collaborate with the design lead and provide conceptual, preliminary, detail, and assembly design. You will be at the beginning helping to craft and build prototype and production aircraft. You also will collaborate with all technical development teams, including systems, interiors, flight technology, and airframe. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with knowledge in drafting practices and 3D solid modeling.
What you can do:
- Perform airframe design trade studies, layouts and released designs
- Research new materials application and design concepts
- Build 3D models of detail parts and assemblies for prototype and production aircraft
- Experience designing metallic and composite components.
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment with all levels of the Engineering team
- Ensure the airframe design is weight efficient and certifiable
- Ensure all systems interface requirements are met
- Support the manufacturing team in developing production technology
- Design and support prototype and flight test efforts
- Develop standard methodologies for airframe design
What you can contribute:
- Proven experience in airframe design
- Experienced CATIA or UG driver
- Experience with aircraft development programs
- Experience with prototyping
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Highly collaborative and excellent communicator
- B.S. in a relevant engineering field is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Good organizational and communication skills
You may also be able to contribute:
- Preferred experience in aviation, automotive, and the mobility space with AAM
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.