Loads & Dynamics Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Technology team is looking for a Loads & Dynamics Engineer to support air vehicle design, ground tests, and flight tests with analysis and design. The Loads & Dynamics Engineer will execute airframe static and dynamics analysis, design, and testing of air vehicle designs throughout the development process. The engineer will interface regularly with the Airframe, Systems, Test, Certification, and other groups within Flight Technology.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Build aeroelastic models and databases to predict static, dynamic and fatigue loads and structural stability of individual components as well as the entire air vehicle
- Create in-house analysis tools and processes for multi-DOF maneuver simulation, aerodynamic, inertia, structural models, fluid-structures interaction, and structures-systems interaction including aeroservoelastic analysis
- Perform aircraft airframe static and dynamic structural loads and flutter analyses of nominal and failure conditions
- Develop ground and flight test plans, support test implementation, and evaluate test results to improve and validate aeroelastic analytical models, load and flutter predictions
- Coordinate activities with other teams, develop and manage interfaces
- May require up to 25% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable Engineering field required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of applicable experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience with innovative, physics-based design and analysis methods
- Experience performing airframe dynamics and load analysis to evaluate and refine new flying vehicle concepts
- Specialized knowledge of aircraft aeroelasticity and associated engineering fundamentals
- Capability to conduct loads and dynamics engineering evaluation of eVTOL rotorcraft and eCTOL aircraft through analysis, test, and a combination of the two
- Proficiency with MSC Patran/Nastran Aeroelasticity and Flight Loads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write professional technical reports
- Able to communicate proactively and follow-up accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work efficiently within time constraints
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience in eVTOL industry preferred
- Experience in flight test/ground test support is a plus
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.