You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Sr. Flight Simulation Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Senior Flight Simulation Engineer supports the air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with engineering flight simulation. This role handles planning and execution of flight simulation development to support design and testing of air vehicles throughout development stages. The engineer collaborates regularly with the Airframe, VMS, Powertrain, Intelligent Systems, and other groups within Flight Technology.
What you can do:
- Support planning and execution of flight simulation development to design and testing of air vehicles at various stages of development
- Work with a team of Simulation Engineers from various departments to develop system and subsystem simulation components
- Support maintenance and improvement of sound software development standards and processes
- Support maintenance of a real-time flight simulation environment for pilot-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Support requirement verification activities in various engineering subject areas
- Support test procedure development and test execution
- Develop engineering tools to complete engineering tasks associated with the Simulator
- Other duties additional
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience developing engineering simulation environments to evaluate new and novel technologies at the vehicle system and sub-system levels
- Experience with state-of-the-art, physics-based flight dynamics simulation tools such as FLIGHTLAB
- A general understanding of engineering simulation fundamentals, especially with regards to flight simulation of aircraft
- Experience with interface messaging constructs found in Ethernet, Avionics and Serial protocols
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink for integration of flight control laws with simulation models
- Experience with Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow-up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and motivated personality
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!