Sr. Systems Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for the development of eVTOL urban air mobility products, providing services solutions, technical guidance, and direction to the engineering team. This position requires an experienced professional with expertise in requirements definition, management, & performance measurement within a product development environment. The position works closely with different engineering functions and liaises closely with the Strategy Team to ensure requirements meet the needs of the customer and business.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the Systems Engineering team and cross-disciplinary engineering team during the entire aircraft development life cycle
- Author, review, approve and manage requirements at all levels with traceability/linking to higher and lower-level requirements, and their V&V artifacts per the Requirement Management Plan
- Participate in architecture definition, evaluate systems architecture, capture systems interface (ICDs), perform functional analysis, conduct trade-off studies, conduct feasibility studies, document the aircraft design, and create SysML diagrams
- Support aircraft and systems level verification testing, creating test plans and reports, including the integration and coordination activities with various departments
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews throughout the different aircraft development phases per the development plan
- Review engineering drawings, schematics, and design specifications
- Improve product development process to comply with ARP-4754B, author development plans, procedures, work instructions, and developing tools and infrastructure required to enable the realization of successful systems
- Work very closely with Supernal SMEs and DERs to ensure their responsible systems comply with all applicable airworthiness regulations (FAA/EASA)
- Facilitate new business initiatives through trade studies, concept development, proposal responses, and customer presentations
- Mentor Engineers in all aspects of Systems Engineering and Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Contribute to improving internal processes and tools
- Requires up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related engineering fields required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a systems engineering role in the aerospace industry (an equivalent combination of education experience may be considered)
- Broad experience in systems design, development, integration, and certification
- Demonstrated experience with Power Electronics and Battery specification and design
- Experience with Requirement Management Tool IBM DOORS/Polarion (or equivalent)
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, Rhapsody and languages / frameworks such as UML, SysML, and UAF.
- Working knowledge of §2X.1309/§23.2505/§23.2510 analyses and processes, including Advisory Circular 23.1309-1E, SAE ARP 4761, and SAE ARP 4754
- Strong background with IBM DOORS NG, Polarion or similar requirements management tool
- Model-Based Systems Engineering and MBSE application and toolsets (such as MATLAB Simulink, SCADE, Cameo, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellence across all Systems Engineering domains, including functions, requirements (development and allocation), new business/concept development, system design and analysis, integration and test, and anomaly resolution/root cause investigations
- Working knowledge of DO-160G environmental qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-starter, critical thinker, and collaborative worker
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with rotary-wing aircraft design and certification preferred
- Experience with FAA or EASA certification projects preferred
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 91 and/or 135 Certification preferred
- Experience in aircraft (OEM) level systems engineering preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.