Structural Analysis Engineer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Structural Analysis Engineer performs structural analysis of metallic and composite primary aircraft structure made from cutting-edge composite materials and technologies. The Structural Analysis Engineer is responsible for performing analysis of primary airframe structures and works closely with Structural Design, Loads, Payloads/Interiors, Material & Process, Manufacturing Technology, and System and Test & Evaluation groups.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Perform basic structural analysis of aerospace primary and secondary structures and systems installations made of composite and metallic materials for experimental and type certificated vehicles
- Support creation of Python-based analysis tool library
- Apply free body diagrams, hand calculations and numerical methods for estimating and developing loads
- Learn and apply analysis methods for static strength, stability, durability, and damage tolerance
- Support development of new manufacturing technologies, engineering tools, and aircraft structural designs
- Work closely with design and test engineers to determine test requirements and support vehicle and sub-scale tests
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with team members across the company to provide and receive updates on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- Work with supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed analysis based on the requirements.
- Partner with PMO organization to execute build plan
- Requires up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, aeronautical, civil or related field required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with aircraft structural analysis (an equivalent combination of education experience may be considered)
- Experience in composites structures and/or analytical tools such as HyperX, Nastran, Abaqus, LS-DYNA, Patran, FEMAP, Hyperworks, 3DX, OptiStruct, NASGRO, Slim/Vision or similar
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and collaborative skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
You may also be able to contribute:
- Interest in working with fixed- or rotary-wing aircraft structure strength, stability, fatigue analysis and/or finite element analysis preferred
- Familiarity with industry level composite activities (e.g. NCAMP, CMH17 or P17), durability and damage tolerance analysis techniques, MRB, structural testing, flight test, or analysis automation (e.g. Python programming or similar) preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.