You may also be interested in:Learn more about this location Our benefits package
Jurisdiction and Classification Specialist
Washington, DC, Irvine, California
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Jurisdiction and Classification (JC) Specialist works across the Supernal business and within the Export Compliance team to perform export classifications U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) for all Supernal technology. This role will ensure accuracy and fidelity of our technology’s export classifications, as well as function as our JC Subject Matter Expert (SME) to guide and train other technical professionals on various JC disciplines. This position will report to our Export Compliance Manager and will be based in our Washington DC or Irvine, California office.
What you can do:
- Function as primary point of contact for performing Jurisdiction & Classification (JC) determinations for all Supernal technology
- Conduct in-person and/or virtual JC determination trainings for engineering and technical professionals
- Proficiency in use and administration of Supernal Jurisdiction & Classification software systems
- Proactively engage with Supernal Engineering and R&D groups to continuously monitor and advise on export control implications of evolving technology design
- Manage high-visibility JC projects as needed to support Export Compliance initiatives within prescribed timeframes
- Assist Supernal Compliance team as needed with general Export Compliance training, briefings, and required processes such as foreign travel requests.
- Other Export Compliance related duties, where aligned with prior experience
- Demonstrated strong understanding of JC concepts such as Order of Review, Specially Designed/Catch and Release, See-Through Rule, etc.
- Ability to work with and brief various employee and management levels regarding JC requests, statuses, etc.
- Comfortable working with U.S. Government agency personnel on technical inquiries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow-up
- Able to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, or engineering field is a plus, but not required
- Engineering or technical background
- 6+ years’ experience classifying USML and/or CCL items in aerospace, defense, or other high-technology environments (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience training others on JC processes, methodologies, and concepts
You may also be able to contribute:
- 5+ years of experience with separate Export Compliance roles preferred
- Experience working with aerospace and defense technologies a plus
- Experience working within JC software systems such as OCR, Visual Compliance, etc. a plus
- Experience working with Product Line Management (PLM) systems such as 3DX, Windchill, etc. preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Experience drafting Commodity Jurisdictions, Commodity Classification (CCATS), and/or Advisory Opinion requests preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws and certain software that can only be used and accessed by US Persons. Accordingly, this position is limited to applicants that are US Persons, i.e., a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!