Sr. Manager, Program Manager
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Manager Program Manager is responsible for program execution of product launch as well as mentoring the Technical Program Managers in the Program Management Organization. This position requires an experienced professional with expertise in delivering the highest quality products on schedule, within budget. The position works alongside R&D Heads and with fellow Technical Program Managers to drive the integration & development of complex Air Vehicle hardware and software, on cost and schedule. An ideal candidate is an action-oriented teammate, a mentor, and exhibits a can-do attitude who approaches their work with vigor and determination.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Lead the program team(s) and carry out supervisory responsibilities including mentoring employees and developing their skills to better support the organization
- Monitor program schedule commitments and direct appropriate personnel of possible impacts(s) or change(s) which includes arranging, attending and chairing program reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required
- Establish modern program management methodologies throughout the organization
- Leads sophisticated projects by negotiating and controlling the statement of work and aligning company resources to achieve the schedule, resource, and cost objectives of the company and customer
- Responsible for deploying and ensuring program management processes and ensuring they are followed accordingly
- Establish and maintain effective communications with internal & external customers, senior and executive management
- Monitor the effectiveness of the risk management activities performed by the Program Managers, and ensure that the corrective action is taken when required
- Develop, maintain, and communicate the scope, budget, schedule, and product development activities to all collaborators
- Own execution and completion of multiple projects in parallel
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders on all stages of the project: Requirements & concept development, engineering integration & design, manufacturing, testing, qualification, certification & transition to production
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME)to PM team
- Lead aspects of Supply Chain with management of external suppliers
- Manage roadmap of projects working within the framework of the overall program
- May require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems or Software Engineering or another related field
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in a technical program/project management role (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered for this role)
- Experience in product development & qualification
- Experience with Product Life-cycle Management, and Configuration Management
- Experience with MS Project, Doors, Jira and/or other project management tools
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing product delivery standard processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communications with internal & external customers, and senior and executive management
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to work cross‐functionally and influence key stakeholders to drive alignment
- Proactive delivery of communication
- Proficient in Product Life-cycle Management and Configuration Management tools
- Proficient in MS Project, Doors, Jira and/or other project management tools
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with electric propulsion air/ground vehicles or flight test & certification or end-to-end aircraft level PM experience preferred.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.