Technical Publications Writer
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Technical Publications Writer plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining technical publications that support Test and Evaluation Programs, including laboratory, ground, and flight operations. This position is responsible for creating documentation that covers scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections, and functional tests. All documentation must be made in accordance with relevant Supernal and industry guidelines.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Create various types of documentation, such as guides, manuals, and instructions
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain documentation for various system components and engineering artifacts, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Develop and write user-friendly content that effectively meets the needs of the target audience, using insights to create language that leads to user success
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for the project's hardware and software, covering installation, configuration, and how-to information
- Create technical publications by analyzing technical documentation, drawings, specifications, and standards
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including design, modification, system operations, testing, and user documentation
- Up to 25% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in technical writing, preferably in the aerospace industry (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Experience in Test and Evaluation
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise text
- Ability to apply strong writing and grammar skills to deliver accurate documentation within tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the creation of documentation in conventional and non-conventional formats
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Proficiency with Excel VLOOKUP, pivot tables, MS Office Suite
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.